Policy Statement on Provider Access
This policy statement sets out the school’s arrangements for managing the access of providers to students at the academy for the purpose of giving them information about the provider’s education or training offer. This complies with the academy’s legal obligations under Section 42B of the Education Act 1997.
All students in years 7 to 11 are entitled to
● Find out about technical education qualifications and apprenticeships opportunities, as part of a careers programme which provides information on the full range of education and training options available at each transition point.
● Hear from a range of local providers about the opportunities they offer, including technical education and apprenticeships, through appropriately organised events.
● Understand how to make applications for the full range of academic and technical courses.
Management of Provider Access Requests Procedure A provider wishing to request access should contact Mr Damien Keogh, Principal. Telephone: 01724 710368 Email: email@example.com
Opportunities for Access
A number of events, integrated into the school CEIAG programme will offer providers an opportunity to come into school to speak to students and/or their parents/carers.
● Parents Evenings Years 9, 10 and 11
● Taster Days Year 10 Careers Events Year 9, 10 and 11
● Roadshows Years 7, 8, 9, 10 and 11
● Independent Careers Advisor Years 10 and 11
● Assemblies Year 10 and 11
Please speak to Mr Keogh for which opportunities are most appropriate.
Premises and Facilities
The academy will make space available for discussions between the provider and students, as appropriate to the activity. The academy will also endeavour to make available requested equipment to support provider presentations. All will be discussed and agreed with Mr Keogh prior to the visit. Providers are welcome to leave a copy of their prospectus or other relevant course literature for the careers area.