Values & Ethos
The Axholme Academy Vision and Mission:
Our school vision was reviewed as we converted to an academy in 2012. We did this over the course of several months and involved staff, students, governors and parents. After everyone contributed we arrived at the common vision, mission and a new motto ‘Beyond Expectations’. We review our vision and mission every year. We think that these statements reflect very clearly what this academy stands for.
At The Axholme Academy we aim to achieve excellence in all aspects of school life through high quality teaching and learning, a creative and challenging curriculum, and an ethos of support, in order to develop independent learners who are well prepared for the next stage of their lives.
‘Every learner is ready and able to go beyond expectations.’
We achieve our vision through quality first teaching and a 5 year learning journey which enables every learner to be :
We provide opportunities for every learner to achieve their best possible outcomes, make a positive contribution and be prepared for their future learning and life.
To achieve our vision we will:
- All share a relentless drive to improve the academy
- Have the highest expectations of all students and staff
- Ensure all students have high aspirations
- Recognise and reward success
- Deliver consistently high quality lessons which enable students to learn well
- Develop independent learning, communication, literacy and numeracy skills across all subject areas
- Provide a creative and challenging curriculum which is personalised to meet the needs of all students
- Create a variety of opportunities to promote students’ spiritual, moral, social and cultural development
- Provide excellent information, advice and guidance to fully prepare students for their future education, employment and training
- Work with parents, carers, other schools and the wider community to provide the best opportunities for all students