What skills and experience are required?
Our strong Governing Body is a team made up of individuals with a diverse range of skills, knowledge and experience. No one governor possesses all the necessary skills!
Governors will ideally have some generic skills and local knowledge. You may also have specialist knowledge in a particular field. Knowledge and experience of Safeguarding, Finance and Accounting, and Special Educational Needs and Disabilities’ would be highly desirable.
- Generic skills, knowledge and experience; experience of governance, strategic planning, self-evaluation, data analysis, chairing, leadership, communications, ability to influence, and handling complaints, grievances and appeals
- Local knowledge; of the school, local community, parent’s perspective, and local and regional economy and business
- Specialist knowledge; facilities management, human resource management, education, teaching and training, procurement, work placements and career planning, and safeguarding.
How many vacancies are available?
We have 1 Community Governor vacancy.
Am I eligible to be a Community Governor?
A Community Governor must live or work in the community served by the academy or be a person who, in the opinion of the governing body, is committed to the government and success of the Academy.
Applications for Community Governors are considered and agreed by the Governing Body.
What is the role of a Governor?
The Governing Board has 3 core functions:
- Ensuring clarity of vision, ethos and strategic direction
- Holding executive leaders to account for the educational performance of the organisation and its pupils, and the effective and efficient performance management of staff
- Overseeing the financial performance of the organisation and making sure its money is well spent.
Governors and senior leaders use a robust framework to set the strategic direction for their school including improvement priorities, and then monitor progress against the strategic vision.
How do I access further information?
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone the Academy on 01724 710368 and a member of the Governing Board will ring you back.
How do I apply?
Please complete the relevant application form and send into the school or forward to email@example.com