Want to make a positive difference to the education of children and young people in your community?
Become a School Governor:
Community Governor Vacancy
Who should apply? We would love to hear from parents or members of the community with an interest in, and commitment to, supporting the academy for the benefit of all our students.
What skills and experience are required? Our strong Governing Board is a team made up of a diverse range of skills, knowledge and experience. No one governor possesses all the necessary skills, and there is plenty of support and training available to assist you in the role.
Governors will ideally have some generic skills and local knowledge. You may also have specialist knowledge in a particular field. Knowledge and experience of Safeguarding and Special Educational Needs and Disabilities would be highly desirable.
- Generic skills, knowledge and experience; experience of governance, strategic planning, self-evaluation, data analysis, chairing, leadership, communications, ability to influence, and handling complaints, grievances and appeals
- Local knowledge; of the school, local community, parent’s perspective, and local and regional economy and business
- Specialist knowledge; facilities management, human resource management, education, teaching and training, procurement, work placements and career planning, and safeguarding.
How many vacancies are available?
We currently have a Community Governor vacancy.
What is the role of a Governor?
The Governing Board has 3 core functions:
- Ensuring clarity of vision, ethos and strategic direction
- Holding executive leaders to account for the educational performance of the organisation and its pupils, and the effective and efficient performance management of staff
- Overseeing the financial performance of the organisation and making sure its money is well spent.
Governors and senior leaders use a robust framework to set the strategic direction for their school including improvement priorities, and then monitor progress against the strategic vision.
How do I access further information?
For more information on the Governing Board and our vacancies go to the Academy website at www.theaxholmeacademy.com go to ‘About Us’ and then select ‘Governors’. For further information Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com if you would like to arrange a visit. Alternatively telephone the Academy on 01724 710368 and a member of the Governing Board will ring you back.
How do I apply?
Become a Governor and help keep our Academy strong.
Making a difference to the children and young people in our community.