The Edexcel BTEC Level 2 First Award in Business covers the essential knowledge and skills required in the business sector, these skills will meet the needs of both local employers and students.
This qualification offers the opportunities for learners to develop the communication skills needed for working in the business sector, as they progress through the course. This will be achieved through presentations and in discussions where they have the opportunity to express their opinions.
This course will provide a starting point of a route into employment in many of the areas of business, such as marketing, finance, customer service or human resources in large businesses or a small local business. Students will understand how a business makes and manages its money, and plans for the future.
Unit 1: Enterprise in the Business World
· Know how trends and the current business environment may impact on a business
· Plan an idea for a new business
· Present a business model for a business start-up
Unit 2: Finance for Business
· Understand the costs involved in business and how businesses make a profit
· Understand how businesses plan for success
· Understand how businesses measure success and identify areas for improvement
Unit 3: Promoting a Brand
· Explore the use of branding and the promotional mix in business
· Develop and promote a brand for a business
Unit 7: Providing Business Support
· Understand the purpose of providing business support
· Use office equipment safely for different purposes
· Organise and provide support for meetings
This BTEC Business course consists for 3 coursework units: Unit 1, 3 and 7 and one external exam: Unit 2, which is an on-screen test for 1 hour with 50 marks.
Students will be expected to complete Independent Learning Tasks every week to revise and practice exam questions and complete coursework.
Please contact Mrs Winter if you require further information