Sports Day 2017 again took place at Doncaster Athletics Stadium and we were grateful for the first class facilities on offer there this year, particularly as the weather was quite wet. The official athletics track, throwing and jumping areas meant that all events could go ahead safely as planned.
The students put in some great performances throughout the day and got stuck into every event despite the damp conditions. It was again great to see so many different students taking part, working as a team and encouraging each other throughout the day.
Seven school records were broken and they were as follows;
- Byron Coy – Year 7 Boys Javelin 13.88m
- Jamie Ross – Year 8 Boys Javelin 20.98m
- Jason Dixon – Year 9 Boys 300m 45.55secs
- Lucy Hookway – Year 7 Girls Long Jump 3.85m
- Lyla Bardauskas – Year 7 Girls Javelin 14.96m
- Grace Hall – Year 8 Girls Long Jump 4.10m
- Amy Proctor – Year 9 Girls High Jump 1.35m
The overall winners for each year group were;
Year 7 – JE
Year 8 – HW
Year 9 – AM
Year 10 – LK
Thanks to all staff that helped make the day possible.
Mr L. Beesley
Head of PE